UC Blinds Limited are full supporters of the BBSA Make It Safe Campaign
Please watch our short videos on window blind child safety. Not only do they give you child safety advice when fitting your new window blinds, they also help you make sure your existing blinds are safe for children.
BBSA Make It Safe campaign
What is the BBSA Make It Safe Campaign? Watch this short video and find out more.
Make It Safe introduction
Watch this child safety video on how to keep your home safe when using window blinds
Make It Safe Video - Keeping your home safe
A short video on what every parent should know. How to keep your home safe when using window blinds.
Make It Safe Video - Making your existing window blinds safer
A short video for parents on how to make your existing window blinds safer.
Create Blinds Online is the online division of UC Blinds Limited, who are full members of the British Blind and Shutter Association.
Therefore, as full active members of the British Blinds and shutters association, we are bound by their code of practice. We strictly adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC.
In February 2014 the standards regarding the manufacture, supply and professional installation of internal window blinds changed significantly. It is now illegal to supply or professionally install an internal window blind which does not comply with child safety requirements of BS EN 13120:2009+A1:2014.
Window Blind Child Safety Tips & Advice
To reduce the risk from looped blind cords and chains in the home from children, follow the guidelines of the BBSA Make It Safe campaign. The Child Safety campaign encourages customers not only to consider safety options that can be added to a blind, but also provides further ideas on how to keep children safe around window blind fittings:
- Furniture should be positioned at a safe enough distance so that children cannot climb onto blinds or window sill, children love to climb!
- Cords and chains should be kept on a child safety device.
- Cords and chains should not be allowed to hang free, use a safety device and/or easy-break chain connector.
- Keep aware when children are around vertical blinds with bottom chains.
- If you would like to purchase additional child safety devices for your existing window blinds, please visit our accessorise Page
As well as keeping your own home safe, please consider other home’s you child might be in, such as Grandparents, minders, aunts, uncles, friends.