Create Blinds Online is the online division of UC Blinds Limited, who are full members of the British Blind and Shutter Association.
As full active members of the British Blinds and shutters association and we are bound by their code of practice and we strictly adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC.
In February 2014 the standards regarding the manufacture, supply and professional installation of internal window blinds changed significantly. It is now illegal to supply or professionally install an internal window blind which does not comply with child safety requirements of BS EN 13120:2009+A1:2014.
To download a brochure click HERE or to see the Make It Safe Website visit click HERE
TIPS - To reduce the risk from looped blind cords and chains in the home from children, follow the guidelines of the BBSA Make It Safe campaign. The Child Safety campaign encourages customers not only to consider safety options that can be added to a blind, but also provides further ideas on how to keep children safe around window fittings:
• As well as keeping your own home safe, please consider other home’s your child might be in, including Grandparents, minders, aunts, uncles, friends etc
• Furniture should be positioned at a safe enough distance that children cannot climb onto blinds - Children love to climb!
• Cords and chains should be kept on a child safety device.
• Cords and chains should not be allowed to hang free. Use a safety device and/or easy-break chain connector.
• Keep aware when children are around vertical blinds with bottom chains.
• If you would like to purchase additional child safety devices for your existing window blinds, please visit our accessorise Page
As well as keeping your own home safe, please consider other home’s you child might be in, including Grandparents, minders, aunts, uncles, friends etc